Since 2018, the european Party Volt has been active in Freiburg. We want to shape our collective future and create a Europe that truly promotes democracy, solidarity and climate justice.
We meet regularly to plan events, discuss the politics of the day and meet other people and teams across the continent that work together to build the Europe of tomorrow.
Meet our Team
Europeans from Freiburg
Policy & Campaigns
A little bit of everything
Elected member of the students council
Events & Tech
Elected member of the students council
Our soon to be Member of the European Parliament
Du bist neu bei Volt? Unser Community-Lead Felix freut sich, dich bei Volt Freiburg begrüßen zu dürfen.
Our meet&greets are scheduled every first tuesday of the month at 7 p.m. Whenever possible, we meet in person in a bar, café or just outside in the park or at the Dreisam river. When not possible, for instance during major global pandemics, we meet online.
All our upcoming events are listed below and on our Facebook-page:
If you want to join, you can send us a mail, or a direct message on Instagram, Facebook or Whatsapp!
Volt Germany and Volt Europe also regularly organize online meet&greets that are open to anyone anywhere. All information on those can be found here.
Do I need to bring something
No one has to bring anything or know anything to attend. We simply want to connect with people that see the future of Europe as a common undertaking, preferably over a cold drink of choice.
If you really want to bring something, we've never said no to homemade Cookies, though ;)
What are M&Gs about?
From specifically Volt-related topics to current events or vegan chilli-recipes, our meet&greets are for bringing likeminded people together.
For more work-focussed talk, we meet every non-first-of-the-month Tuesday. There, we'll discuss policy-topics, event organizing and elections planning.
Where do the M&Gs take place?
Whenever possible, we meet in person in a bar, café or just outside in the park or at the Dreisam river. When not possible, for instance during major global pandemics, we meet online.
Check our Events listing above for more Info, or just ask us via Mail or DM. We do write back and we don't bite :D
What can I expect from attending a M&G?
Getting to know Volt and Volters a little.
We'll introduce you to what Volt is, what it does and what we as a city team are doing right now. Most months, we'll have a short "European Report" about what other Volt teams accross the continent have been up to in the last month.
Volt Freiburg in thePress
- Milena Schiller Ninô: Die EU muss umstrukturiert werden (Lahrer Zeitung vom 1.9.2021)
- Wahlzeit: Anna Rasputina tritt an (Badische Zeitung vom 20.05.2021)
- Landtagswahl: So gehen die fünf neuen Parteien ins Rennen ("chilli" - Das Freiburger Stadtmagazin vom 10.03.2021)
- Kleinparteien aus dem Wahlkreis Waldshut stellen sich vor (Badische Zeitung vom 05.03.2021)
- Alle Landtagskandidaten wollen die Bahnlinie nach Colmar (Badische Zeitung vom 02.03.2021)
- Für Robert Kehrberg von Volt muss Politik europäisch gedacht werden (Badische Zeitung vom 01.03.2021)
- Volt Freiburg will mehr Europa in den Landtag bringen (Badische Zeitung vom 01.10.2020)
- Warum sich zwei Freiburger für die Europa-Partei "Volt" engagieren (Badische Zeitung vom 23.04.2019)
- "Die Partei", DiEM 25 und Volt schneiden bei der Europawahl in Freiburg gut ab ("Fudder" vom 27.05.19)
Our Press releases
Improving Europe only works with your help. Which is why we're super exited to have you on board. You have lots of options to support us:
- Participate: Join one of our meetings and get to know us and what we do. Or directly become a member by pressing the button below.
- Follow us on Social Media: Volt Freiburg is on Facebook and Instagram. You'll find out more about the people, the work and the topics that make us run. (It's mostly in German though)
- #VoteVolt: We are regularly running in all manner of elections. In Freiburg, we will participate in the European and municipal elections in 2024. All EU-citizens which live in Freiburg will be able to vote for both!
- With a donation: promoting a message is quite expensive. Consider chipping in to help us promote a just Europe and to help us fight nationalism, discrimination and climate change. And not only that, your donation is also tax-deductible. Hurray!
Simply send us an e-mail at email@example.com or have a look and write us on social media:
c/o Haus des Engagements